Summer Starts in Easton
Looking for something fun to do with the kids while they’re home? Maybe your office implements summer Fridays and you have some extra weekend time for activities. Whatever the case may be, your summer starts in Easton! Check out all of the fun events, dining and shopping opportunities exclusively Downtown!
- Spend your Thursday evenings riverside with Live at the Falls! Now through September, every week promises live music, good eats, craft beer and summer fun!
Thursdays, June-September | 6-8:30pm | Scott Park
- Easton Out Loud turns up the volume in a monthly series of activities every Fourth Friday in Downtown Easton with music, food, drinks, games and activities for the whole family. Bonus – participating businesses extend their closing times!
Fourth Fridays | 5-9pm | Centre Square & Around Downtown
- The Easton Farmers’ Market is the oldest, continuous open-air market in the nation. Every Saturday, you can head to Scott Park for local produce, pasture-raised meat and dairy and deliciously prepared food.
Saturdays, May-December | 9am-1pm | Scott Park
- Bring your classic or muscle cars to Cruise Nights in Centre Square! The Mayor’s Office of Special Events plans this popular evening event and couples it with live music from local favorites.
Third Saturdays, June-September | 4-9pm | Centre Square
- Looking to learn more about Downtown Easton? Explore Easton Tours on select Saturday mornings leave from the Easton Farmers’ Market. Guides will lead you through history, food and other important pieces of the Downtown community!
Select Saturdays, May-October | 10:30am | West Entrance of EFM
- Readers of all ages unite for Easton Area Public Library’s Summer Reading Program! This year’s theme – Oceans of Possibilities – will take you to new depths, seven seas and infinite stories. Log your reads and win prizes.
June 13-August 13 | 515 Church St.
- The kids can spend summer days at the Summer Youth Programs at The Sigal Museum. Children will enjoy creative arts & crafts activities, historical scavenger hunts through our galleries, free play in the Discovery Room, and local eye-opening neighborhood architectural walks.
Various dates and times at various locations
- Easton Restaurant Week is back in July! Enjoy set price menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner at dozens of local restaurants. It’s the perfect time to try something new or go back to your tried and true favorites.
July 17-23 | Around Easton
- Downtown Easton is full of public art installations in many forms. From murals to bike racks and wall poems to Little Free Libraries, there are artistic gems at every corner. The Easton ArtsPath offers self-led tours of these masterpieces that can be done at your leisure and on your schedule.
- Heritage Day showcases local history and the heritage of many groups with reenactment events, activities for kids, musical performances and a fireworks display over the Forks of the Delaware.
Sunday, July 10 | 11:30am-9pm | Centre Square
- Lebanese Heritage Days is the largest Lebanese Heritage celebration in the tri-state area. Both days include food and drinks, music and dancing and friends and family gathering for a great weekend!
Saturday, August 6 | 5-11pm & Sunday, August 7 | 11am-10pm
- Easton PA VegFest will be back for their 4th year! Enjoy vegetarian and vegan delicacies, live music and activities for the whole family.
Saturday, August 20 | 11am-5pm | Riverside Park
- Clam Jam is a seafood festival hosted by 3rd & Ferry Fish Market. It boasts delicious food and drink vendors, retail booths, live music, competitions and more!
Sunday, August 28 | 11am-7pm | 3rd & Ferry Streets
- Easton Alfresco is back! Grab your family, friends, pets or all of the above to enjoy outdoor dining at dozens of restaurants around Easton.
- Looking for a place to cool down? Indoor dining is a great option on a too hot or rainy day. Check here for all of the Downtown dining options.
Summer Shopping & Experiences
- Go antiquing – Downtown Easton has become an antique lover’s destination. Stop into Easton Antique Emporium, Ingridable Design, Salvage Goods or V. Murray’s Mercantile to make a day of treasure hunting.
- Sip on something freshly brewed – Swing by Terra Cafe for a refreshing smoothie or iced coffee and pair it with a delicious pastry to treat yourself. Or, stop by ThreeBirds Coffee House or ThreeBirds Nest for an icy Earl Palmer or Hibiscus Lemonade on a hot afternoon.
- Update your summer wardrobe – If your summer clothes are feeling a bit drab this year, head to 2nd Base Vintage, Belle Âme Eco-Boutique, K.O. Club, SNKR Box, L.C. Boutique or Yellow Balloon Consignment to find something new. If you’re shopping for the kids, peek into Polliwogs & Petunias for a wide selection of clothing, toys and accessories.
- Eat all the ice cream – What’s summer without scoops? Bank Street Creamery’s rotating flavors of ice cream and vegan gelato will leave your mouth watering. Frozenlandia’s wall of frozen yogurt and toppings allow for the perfect custom treat to cool off on a hot summer day.
- Map out a museum day – Easton lends itself to spending a day at several museums! Plan to learn about local history at The Sigal Museum, hear stories of canal days in Easton and take a canal ride at The National Canal Museum and check out interactive art installations at the IF Museum.
- Stop and smell the candles – Easton Candle Company has released their summer scents and they are oh so perfect for the season. You’ll want to stock up so you can smell summer all year long!
- Drink local – When packing up your cooler this summer, think of drinking local beverages. Tolino Vineyards and Cellar Beast Winehouse offer their own local wines. Separatist Beer Project’s cans are ready to go or enjoy a pint in their scenic location. You can also pick up Shawnee Craft Beers at Scratch inside the Easton Public Market.
- Sit in the courtyard – Connexions courtyard is a hidden gem of Easton. Tucked behind their space, they regularly host live music and comedy shows. Bonus – it is available to rent for private events!
- Plan a camping trip – Everything you need for a night of camping can be found at Easton Outdoor Company! They recently expanded their space, so even more room for products.
- Fire up the grill – Make your summer picnic menu a one-stop shop at the Easton Public Market! Pick up fresh meats and prepared sides at Saylors & Co., add seafood from Silvershell Counter + Kitchen, fresh veggies from Highmark Farmstandand buns and desserts from Modern Crumb.
- Make time for self-care – Don’t forget to take care of yourself this summer! Learn about intuitive and energy healing at Creative Spirit, take a class at Easton Yoga, purchase herbal remedies at Hilltop Herbals, learn about CDB and its benefits at Homegrown CBD Store & Cafe, relax and restore at The Healing & Wellness Corner, schedule a treatment at NuHouse or book a facial at The Skin Clinic.
- Take a bike ride – Start your biking journey at Trek Bicycles where you will find all of the accessories you could need. The D&L Trail is only a 1/4-mile ride from Downtown Easton. You can also take the 1.5-mile ride along the Karl Stirner Arts Trail from 13th Street to Downtown!
- Treat yourself to something sweet – There are plenty of options for a sweet treat in Downtown Easton! Whether you’re headed to a summer barbeque and you’re in charge of dessert or you’re buying for yourself (we won’t tell), you can take your sweet tooth right to Cake & Corolla, The Carmelcorn Shop, Chocodiem, Duchess Cookies, Pie + Tart, Sweet Girlz or Virella Bakery.
- Buy the flowers – Nothing will bring a smile to your face quite like fresh blooms. Downtown Easton is fortunate enough to have three shops that make that easy. Bloomie’s, Mercantile Outpost and Love Blossoms Flowers & Gifts can all create custom bouquets to fit your space and budget.
- Give yourself a DIY Mani/Pedi – Invest in eco-friendly nailcare products and do your nails from home! Taylor Made Polish offers make your own polish kits as well as all of the tools you need to give yourself a spa day.
- Treat your furry friends – Find all-natural and holistic dog products (and even birthday cakes full of ingredients they can eat!) at Bella’s Bistro Pet Wellness & Dog Cafe to give your furry friend something special this summer. Cat lovers can stop into Project Paw to hang out with adoptable cats, shop in their thrift store area and enjoy a cup of coffee.
- Stock up on summer reads – Looking for a new beach read? Book & Puppet Co. and The Quadrant both offer a variety of selections to take on your next trip!
- Become sustainable – Summer is a great time to change your habits and start a new routine. FD Market offers sustainable, refillable products that reduce and in some cases eliminate waste.
- Get artsy – Find a new love and appreciation for art this summer! Stock up on art supplies from smARTivities Showcase or paint ceramics at Aura Ceramics.
- Throw some axes – Indoor fun is available on a rainy day! Skeggy’s Axe House & Bullseye Bar is a great place to gather friends for a fun night out.
- Look at the stars – Nurture Nature Center hosts Star Parties in June, August, September and October to view different stars and planets. They meet at Scott Park and bring the telescope!
- Add some color to a rainy day – The Crayola Experience brings tourists and locals alike to Easton every day. Enjoy their close to 30 attractions inside, see the world’s largest crayon and leave with a colorful haul from the gift shop!
- See a show – The State Theatre’s lineup always brings the heat! Get tickets to see a show and pair it with an alfresco dinner for the ultimate Easton experience.
- Go tubing – Twin Rivers Tubing will take you on a fun day of tubing, kayaking, canoeing or rafting along the Delaware River. Reservations must be made in advance, but act fast because they book quickly!