Ride your bike! Many Easton businesses are bike-friendly and you’ll find artist-designed bike racks throughout town (remember to bring your own lock). Here are some tips for cyclists:
- Downtown Easton is only a 1/4-mile ride from the D&L Trail. Start your day at your favorite spot along the trail and stop at Easton Public Market, to refuel before heading back home. Check out the D&L’s Trip Planner to help plan your route and find trail-friendly businesses throughout town. Please note: Once you leave the trail you’ll need to dismount, loop back on Route 611 West, then head north on Third Street to reach the market.
- Take in some art as you ride the 1.5-mile Karl Stirner Arts Trail from 13th Street into Downtown Easton.
- Need some air? There are air pumps, a bike repair/wash station and bike racks at Easton Public Market, 325 Northampton St. Inside you’ll find restrooms, a refillable water bottle station and healthy snacks at the Highmark Farmstand. Wear your helmet to the farmstand and get a free piece of fruit (manager’s choice).
- Easton Farmers’ Market (9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, May-December, Larry Holmes Drive) offers a scenic stop along the Delaware River and a free, supervised bike valet.
- Visit Trek Bicycle Easton while you’re in town. They’ve got everything you’ll need for your trip back.