Easton Main Street Initiative Picks Sweet Landmark for This Year’s Limited Edition Ornament
Add a sweet reminder of Easton to your home this holiday season with the newest piece in Easton Main Street Initiative’s (EMSI) historic ornament collection.
The 2020 ornament will feature a miniature version of the Carmelcorn Shop, which has been making homemade carmelcorn, fresh-roasted nuts, fudge, chocolates and candies since 1931. The ornament is the seventh in the annual series that has released bronze replicas of some of Easton’s favorite places – from the Peace Candle to the State Theatre and Easton Farmers’ Market.
Supplies are limited for this collector’s item, which is handcrafted in the United States by Beacon. Ornaments will be available starting on Oct. 1. They cost $20 and can be purchased online at store.shopdowntowneaston.com or at the following locations:
- The Info Tent at Easton Farmers’ Market (9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturdays through Nov., Larry Holmes Dr.).
- Carmelcorn Shop, 62 Centre Square (carmelcornshop.com)
- Connexions Gallery, 213 Northampton St. (connexionsgallery.com)
- Mercantile Outpost (inside Easton Public Market, 325 Northampton St.)
Proceeds from sales go to support the events and initiatives of the nonprofit Greater Easton Development Partnership.
“These ornaments can be a great reminder of home and better days,” says Kim Kmetz, manager – Easton Main Street Initiative. “So many things have changed this year but we wanted to offer a new ornament because it makes for a great gift for family and friends that once, or still, call Easton home.”
Other locations and traditions that have been featured in the ornament series and are still available for purchase (unless otherwise noted) include:
- Easton Peace Candle (2014)
- The “Free” Bridge (2015, sold out)
- Easton Bugler (2016)
- Easton Farmers’ Market (2017)
- The State Theatre (2018)
- Cottingham Stadium (2019)
- The Carmelcorn Shop (2020)