10 Tourist Attractions in Downtown Easton
In honor of National Tourism Week (May 3 – May 9), we put together a list of 10 downtown attractions and events that visitors won’t want to miss!
Easton, PA’s prime location makes it the perfect day trip destination for visitors from New Jersey, Philadelphia and New York. Among the many unique shops and delicious restaurants are spots you won’t want to miss on your trip.
- Easton Farmers’ Market – Established in 1752, the year of the City’s founding, the Easton Farmers’ Market is the oldest, continuous open-air market in the nation. It is a producer-only market, and all items purchased are local to the Lehigh Valley and from trusted sources.
- Easton Public Market – This favorite spot is the perfect place to let your inner foodie run wild! The Easton Public Market features an eclectic group of vendors who are committed to their craft. From seafood to pizza to tacos and more, there’s something for everyone.
- Crayola Experience – Discover the magic of color with 27 creative attractions, perfect for a full day of family fun! Name & Wrap your very own Crayola Crayon, color your own Scribble Scrubbie Pet, experience Crayola’s innovation unboxed at ALL NEW Outside of the Box, plus so much more.
- Sigal Museum – As Northampton County’s home to local history, artifacts, decorative arts and more, it is a great spot for the history buff. The Sigal Museum houses exhibits like The First Pumper Truck in Easton, Destination: Northampton County, Music and Martin Guitar Display and more.
- Nurture Nature Center – NNC is dedicated to teaching the public about environmental risks. It’s famous for its Science on a Sphere® globe, science exhibits, art galleries and urban recycle garden. NCC also hosts events throughout the year that focus on environmental education.
- National Canal Museum – This museum tells the story of America’s historic towpath canals. Located in Hugh Moore Park, The National Canal Museum combines science, technology and history in a series of exhibits and activities. Take a ride on the mule-driven canal boats pulled by Hank and George the mules while you’re there!
- D&L Trail – 2.5 miles of the trail runs through Hugh Moore Park. Bike, walk or run to Bethlehem or Allentown to the north or Bucks County to the south. Playgrounds, bike skills courses and multi-use paths make the trail family-friendly.
- Karl Stirner Arts Trail – Named after artist and sculptor Karl Stirner, the trail takes a 1.6 mile walk along the Bushkill Creek. As you travel along the trail, you will find different art installations that will stir your imagination.
- Easton ArtsPath – Downtown Easton is lucky to be full of public art installations. From Little Free Libraries to murals to wall poems and bike racks, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Follow a route on the ArtsPath page or combine them to see all 31 pieces of art located in the downtown footprint.
- Fun Events for the Family – Easton hosts thousands of visitors each year during our many festivals and events. We’re looking forward to gathering together again for Easton Out Loud, Live at the Falls, Garlic Fest, PA Bacon Fest and more. We hope you’ll join us!